When you’re dealing with constipation, there’s no telling how your day would go. You feel uneasy. You get this feeling that you’re bloated. You also can’t seem to stop wanting to go to the bathroom every now and then. This is not how you want to spend your day.
This is exactly why anyone who’s feeling constipated will tell you they are always on the lookout for fast constipation relief that works effectively, and for as long as possible. This way, you don’t only get quick relief, but you get to feel comfortable for the rest of the day, too.
Easy and Proven Ways to Get Fast Constipation Relief Today
The need for instant constipation relief is important due to many reasons. For starters, the symptoms of being constipated are quite unbearable, especially when you feel like there’s a blockage in your system that is preventing from making bowel movements or you simply feel like you cannot completely empty your stool.
The good news is there are a lot of proven ways now when it comes to treating your constipation. The best part is these methods are easy and can be readily done right in your own home.
Here are 15 highly recommended ways to relieve your constipation quickly today:
1. Snack on some prunes. Admit it, prunes simply make for a delicious and satisfying snack any time of day. If you’re feeling a little hungry before lunch, all you need to do is grab three to five pieces of these dried plums and your hunger will be satiated in no time.
Perhaps, what you don’t know is that prunes are also great when it comes to providing fast constipation relief. This is because it’s packed with a variety of both insoluble and soluble fibers that help slow down digestion, giving your body more time to absorb nutrients from the food that you take in.
The insoluble fiber in prunes also helps bulk up your stool, allowing you to pass it much more quickly. Aside from this, prunes also happen to be naturally rich in sorbitol or glucitol, which helps draw more water into your colon, thereby softening your stool so that you can pass it much more easily and comfortably.
To treat your constipation with prunes, simply make it a point to munch on a cup of raw pitted prunes or three pieces of dried prunes every single day. The former guarantees you 12 grams of fiber while the latter provides you with 3.9 grams of fiber.
If you don’t like munching on plain prunes, you can also just chop them up and add them to your baked goods, such as scones, muffins, cookies, coffeecakes or even your pancakes. Alternatively, you can also top them on your oatmeal or cereal for breakfast and even add some chopped prunes on your salad for lunch.
If you would rather not eat your prunes, you can also consider drinking some prune juice every day. Ideally, you should take about two glasses of prune juice a day if you are feeling constipated.
You can also increase your intake to three glasses in case you’ve already been constipated for three days. If you don’t like taking this juice straight, you can simply mix some into your breakfast smoothie. It especially pairs well with banana.
2. Enjoy your morning coffee, but don’t drink more than two cups a day. Understandably, you typically need a nice cup of coffee to get your day started. After all, there is nothing like the smell of a freshly brewed cup to get perked up and ready for the rest of the day. If you are in the middle of treating your constipation though, it is highly recommended that you go easy on your caffeine.
You should keep in mind that the significant amount of caffeine present in coffee makes this drink a natural diuretic. This means that taking this will allow for liquid in your system to pass through the body much quicker than normal. Because of this, you can easily become dehydrated and therefore, constipated.
When your body is flushing out water more quickly, you tend to not have enough liquid in your colon to help process your stools efficiently. At the same time, since there is not enough moisture in your bowel, this will make it harder and more uncomfortable to pass.
It’s not that you must stop drinking coffee altogether if you happen to be constipated. What this simply means is that you need to keep your caffeine intake in moderation. As much as possible, only take a cup once a day. Should you take more than this, be sure to increase your water intake too, to avoid getting dehydrated.
3. Put two teaspoons of Epsom salt in glass of water or fruit juice and drink it. What you need to remember is that constipation can affect you anytime, anywhere so you must always have one of your favorite constipation remedies at the ready. One the handiest ones you can stick to is Epsom salt.
When you need a fast constipation relief on the go, Epsom salt is a solution that you can readily turn to. It works incredibly fast as you can find yourself passing bowel within just 30 minutes from the time you have taken this salt. The best part is, Epsom salt is a lot easier for your body than any stimulant laxatives available in your local pharmacy or grocer.
Epson slat happens to contain a lot of magnesium sulfate, which is a natural laxative that can effectively draw water into your bowel to soften your stool and make it much easier to pass. To treat your constipation with Epsom salt, mix a teaspoon of Epsom salt into a glass of water.
Mix it well and drink immediately. Should you still feel constipated afterwards, you can drink another glass of water with Epsom salt after four to six hours. You can also squeeze some lemon juice into the water for more flavor.
4. Sprinkle in some sesame seeds over your cereals and other meals. Yes, these little tasty seeds do more than their fair share in keeping constipation away. You may not know it, but sesame seeds happen to have a remarkably high nutrition content. This is because it contains manganese, iron, copper, calcium, tryptophan, zinc, vitamin B6, protein, thiamin and you guessed it, fiber
For treating constipation, simply crush a handful of sesame seeds and sprinkle them all over your food. It can give your breakfast oatmeal a nutty taste and even make your salads extra tasty. For dessert, you can also crush some sesame seeds and sprinkle them on top of your ice cream. Not to mention, it’s also great to have with your favorite brand of frozen yogurt.
5. Take a tablespoon of blackstrap molasses just before you go to bed. Blackstrap molasses happens to have high nutritional content that keeps your body healthy. These include iron, potassium, magnesium, copper, manganese and molybdenum and several important B vitamins. At the same time, this kind of molasses from sugar cane also happens to be a natural laxative.
To treat your constipation with some blackstrap molasses, just take a tablespoon a day until you feel a lot better. You can also take this daily if you simply want to prevent suffering from constipation.
If you want to ease your infant’s constipated stomach with blackstrap molasses, just give your baby one to two teaspoons. To be sure that this is the right constipation remedy for your child though, you should consult with your child’s pediatrician before trying it out.
6. Enjoy a cup of ginger or mint tea. Is there anything more calming and soothing than a warm cup of tea? Well, if you are already dealing with constipation, pick mint or ginger tea to help you move your bowel.
These two kinds of tea are particularly known to provide fast constipation relief. To make your own ginger tea, simply grate a peeled one-inch piece of ginger. Boil two cups of water and once it starts to boil. Add the grated ginger pieces and reduce the heat to a rolling simmer for 15 minutes.
Afterwards, strain your tea and sip. You can add some lemon juice for taste. You can also choose to add a bit of honey into your tea. Just be sure to stir all the ingredients in well before drinking it. For most effective results, it is recommended to drink this tea twice a day.
7. Take a glass of lemon water regularly. Not only will lemons add a little more zest to your life, it can also help you relieve your constipation quickly without much effort and fuss.
Because lemon has a lot of acid, it is effective in keeping your digestive system healthy by helping you move your bowel better. This is why it makes for an ideal remedy when it comes to constipation.
To treat your constipation with some lemons, simply slice a lemon and squeeze half of it into a glass of water. Ideally, you should take this on an empty stomach so that you can have immediate constipation relief. If you are already feeling quite constipated, take this before you go to bed and the moment you wake up the next day.
8. Eat foods loaded with healthy fats that can help lubricate your intestines. Loading up on healthy polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats helps with your bowel tremendously. This is why they are quite effective in both treating and preventing constipation.
Sources of healthy monounsaturated fat include olives, peanut butter and avocados. You can also load up on this kind of fat by munching on a bunch of nuts such as pecans, almonds, walnuts, cashews, macadamia nuts and hazelnuts.
On the other hand, great sources of polyunsaturated fat include sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, flax seeds, sesame seeds, tofu, and soymilk. This kind of fat can also be found in a host of fatty fishes such as sardines, trout, mackerel, herring, tuna and salmon. So, go ahead, have some sushi for lunch.
When you’re preparing your meals at home, you might also want to consider cooking with olive oil, sesame oil, peanut oil, canola oil, safflower oil, sunflower oil, cottonseed oil or soybean oil to help bring more good fats into your body.
9. Make it habit to take some yogurt every day. You may not know it, but probiotics are just as important for your body when it comes to treating your constipation. Yogurt happens to be a rich source of probiotics. It has a nice tart and creamy taste that you can readily enjoy as part of your breakfast, as a midday snack or even a guilt free dessert for dinner.
To treat your constipation with some yogurt, simply be sure to take a cup or serving of plain, unsweetened yogurt at least once a day. If your constipation happens to be worse, you can also consider taking a second cup during the day to help relieve your constipation.
If you are not fond of taking yogurt on its own, you can also simply make it a part of your meal. For instance, you can whip up a nice and creamy yogurt sauce for your dish by simply drizzling in a bit of olive oil into a cup of yogurt and seasoning it with some salt and pepper. For more flavor, you can also add in some freshly chopped chives or herbs plus some freshly grated garlic.
For dessert, you can also add a bit of honey to your yogurt and pour it over some fresh or baked fruit. However, you choose to take you yogurt, one thing is for sure. Your bowel condition will surely improve.
10. Add more fiber into your diet. Fiber is exactly what your body needs to help bulk up your stool, thereby making it easier to pass. Your body needs both soluble and insoluble fibers so it helps to load up on both.
Some of the best sources of fiber are fruits like avocados, Asian pears, blackberries, raspberries, figs and coconut. Meanwhile, you can also get your daily fiber intake from a variety of vegetables such as artichoke, okra, green peas, Brussels sprouts, acorn squash and turnips. For even more fiber in your daily diet, make it a habit to eat some chickpeas, lima beans, black beans, lentils and split peas, too.
You might also be happy to know that you can get a good amount of fiber by snacking on an assortment of nuts and seeds such as walnuts, almonds, chia seeds and flax seeds. Not to mention, taking a bowl of oatmeal daily helps you with your bowel too.
11. Increase your water intake. Especially when you are already constipated, it helps to make sure that you always drink more than enough water. Water can easily help deliver more fluid to your colon, thereby helping bulk up your stool to make your bowel movement a lot easier.
If you are already suffering from constipation, be sure to take more than eight glasses of water a day. Avoid anything that can leave you dehydrated too as it may cause your stool to harden further. Ideally, you should lay off the caffeine and consume more water instead when you are constipated.
12. Load up on magnesium. You may not be aware of it, but magnesium is a natural laxative that can help cure constipation in your system. To load up on magnesium, you can choose to take a magnesium supplement regularly to both treat and prevent constipation.
Meanwhile, you can also choose to consume foods that are high in magnesium such as kales, Swiss chard, collard greens, turnip greens, mackerel, tuna, turbot, pollock, squash seeds, pumpkin seeds, brown rice, bulgur, buckwheat, wild rice and avocados. Include these foods into your daily diet and you never have to worry about constipation ever again.
13. Consider taking some castor oil. Castor oil happens to be an excellent remedy when it comes to constipation as it can effectively clean out your intestines without much effort. This kind of oil is also a stimulant laxative, which helps you move your stool a lot better. To treat your constipation with castor oil, simply take it as prescribed by your physician.
14. Do some yoga. Believe it or not, yoga can readily help you relieve your constipation. This is because the poses that you do help improve your digestive organs. To treat your constipation, the best yoga positions to do include the supine twisting, Matsyasana twist, crescent twist and wind-relieving pose. Not to mention, you will become less stressed too.
15. Try instant a fast constipation relief kind of medicine. When you’re always on the go, you can consider taking a kind of immediate constipation relief medication like the IBS Relief System by Digestive Science. It’s made up of two kinds of health supplements, the first one being Digestive Enzyme Renewal while the other one is known as Maximum Digestion Probiotic.
The way this incredible health system works is that you begin by taking the Digestive Enzyme Renewal system first. It’s packed with Acid Stable Protease, Lipase, Amylase, Protease 1, Protease 2, Pectinase, Lactase and other enzymes that naturally occur in your body to help improve the condition of your digestive system almost immediately.
Afterwards, the next step is to take a daily dose of the Maximum Digestion Probiotic supplement. Formulated with bacillus subtilis, probiotic bacteria, l. acidophilus and other probiotic ingredients, this supplement will work to make sure that you never need to worry about digestive problems ever again, whether it’s GI tract inflammation, constipation, gas, bloating, diarrhea, abdominal pain or toxins that are leaking into your blood stream.
Exercises for Immediate Constipation Relief
Yes, you heard it right. There are times when fast constipation relief does not exactly mean relying on over the counter medicines. Believe it or not, there are times when all you need to do to relieve your constipation is to simply get moving.
Exercise is said to safely deliver fast constipation relief for both children and adults. The best part, it helps keep your body fit too so you get relieved and look leaner at the same time. Just keep in mind that this might not be the recommended treatment for fast constipation relief during pregnancy.
Here are some exercises you can do that can give you the fastest kind of quick constipation relief today:
1. Leg Lifts – To begin, just lay flat on your mat or floor and make sure you are facing upward. Straighten out your legs and proceed to raise your feet at least a foot off the floor. Hold this position for about 10 seconds then proceed to repeating this exercise with three more full sets.
Remember to keep your hands flat by your sides the entire time you are doing this exercise.
2. L-Shaped Tilts – Just lay on your mat or floor and make an L shape with your legs. Once you are set, raise your arms just above your chest. While exhaling slowly, go ahead and tilt your body up to a sitting position before returning to your laying position. Repeat this exercise five more times.
3. Flutter Kicks – Position your body into the starting position by lying on your mat or floor on your stomach. Go ahead and extend your legs outward before fluttering your legs up and down. Just be sure not to lose your balance.
Afterwards, bend your knees slightly and perform the flutter kicks again. Do both forms of the flutter kick 10 times more each.
Aside from these exercises, you can also regularly do any form of aerobic exercise to help you relieve your constipation quickly. Not to mention, it is also a recommended safe and fast constipation relief for toddlers and young adults. Just get them to do some swimming, running, jogging or even dancing for about 10 to 15 minutes each day.
The next time you are feeling quite constipated, do not despair. Just remember that there are many constipation remedies available, which can guarantee fast constipation relief anytime, anywhere. If you are not exactly sure about which instant constipation relief works for you best, feel free to consult with your physician before trying anything first.