Irritable bowel syndrome is a condition that can sometimes flare up, and if so then the symptoms could last for hours and in worst case, it can last even days! The sad thing about IBS is it will eventually decrease yet will not totally disappear.
Abdominal pain and cramping are always present and these common symptoms could really be very uncomfortable.
The worst part of it is the need to go to a toilet, no matter what you are doing, where you are or what time it is, once IBS sets in there’s nothing you can do but look for a toilet wherein you can seek comfort for your bowel needs.
A factor that may trigger IBS is yet to be totally determined. Several tests and theories regarding the relation of IBS to food intake have been made.
Nutrients malabsorption and food digestion was neither proven to ignite IBS. Recurrence of pain after certain amount of food enters the digestive system and if occurrence of IBS and how long after eating will it ignite cannot be pointed directly to an exact cause or time frame.
IBS can be linked to the inappropriate reaction of physiological reflexes regulating the movement of food and of the gastrointestinal tracts. However, it doesn’t directly connect to the concept of IBS and how long after eating will it occur.
Abdominal pain might be caused by IBS at some point but oftentimes, the overreaction or concentration of substances from the inappropriate food intake such as acids and food allergies are main contributing factors to start the pain.
Classifications of IBS
Since the recurrence of IBS cannot be totally linked to certain specific causes or cannot be accurately predicted, classification of which can help a lot on how to deal with symptoms.
Breaking down of this syndrome into tiny forms can aid to trace the main origin or cause of IBS. If accurate factors and causes are yet to be revealed it is much easier to dig in the broader sense of IBS little by little.
IBS or irritable bowel syndrome is known of its unexplainable pain. This disorder is always mistaken or quoted as other term for diarrhea.
Diarrhea is a medical term for abnormal bowel movement per day ranging from three or more loose bowel movements. There are also some instances of inflammatory diarrhea where the mucosal lining is damaged and causes heightened abdominal pain.
Another condition linked to irritable bowel movement is called constipation. Can constipation help determine IBS and how long after eating will it manifests? Constipation is another abnormality in the interval of bowel movement per day.
It is also known as an infrequent bowel movement, fecal impaction and bowel obstruction which cause various types of abdominal pain.
How to Treat Diarrhea?
Diarrhea is not a disease; in fact, it is just the reactions of the body on certain abnormalities in the digestive system. It is easy to alleviate diarrhea with proper information and knowing what causes it.
There are ample of first aid and simple remedies that can be applied in cases of diarrhea. However, it should not be taken for granted because it can be an implication of a major or serious disease.
- Proper hydration – Dehydration is one of the major risks of having diarrhea. Due to frequent bowel movement, ample amount of fluids are released in the body. Having too much fluid loss can cause severe dehydration which is life threatening. Keeping the body hydrated replenishes the loss fluids hence giving the body ample resistance to fight certain infections that may be creates while having diarrhea.
- Oral hydration solution can also be use not just to increase fluid but also to balance the loss electrolytes in the body.
- Avoid eating fiber rich and fatty foods. Fiber is an essential nutrient that helps in easy digestion. However, since there is loss bowel movement during diarrhea it is important to help the feces to solidify.
Fatty foods also produce laxative effects in the large intestine causing the bowel movement to push through the rectum faster than normal interval. Milk and other lactose containing beverages should also be avoided at this point.
- Take ample rest. The immune system does a lot of work when having diarrhea. It is important to save or renew lots of energy during this condition. Taking sufficient rest helps the body regain energy.
- Ask for professional help. Although most of the time diarrhea is not considered severe it is still important to know doctor’s opinion regarding this health condition. Check up initiated by medical professional can determine various causes that triggers diarrhea. Appropriate treatment is also best advised by the doctors.
People experiencing constipation should take ample amount of fluids such as water, juices and other fiber rich beverages. Eating fibrous fruits and vegetables also help a lot in pushing body wastes out of the body.
Drinking natural laxatives can smoothen the pile or compact feces inside the large intestines or the colon. Finally, visiting a doctor is always the best option not just for temporary relief but lasting remedy.
IBS, How Long After Eating Will it Strike?
The exact time interval of experiencing IBS after food intake is yet to be concluded or affirmation with the idea of IBS and how long after eating to trigger has not yet given scientific claim. Several symptoms were even categorized in order to have deeper view of this unique abdominal disorder. However due to ample of contributing factors and intricate principles regarding the cause of IBS, it is yet to be finalized.